The Red Cross Medical College of Rīga Stradiņš University – 100 years of rich history and experience in medical education!
- First Level Professional Higher Education
- Vocational Education
- Vocational Secondary Education
- Continuing Education
The Red Cross Medical College of Rīga Stradiņš Universy provides the following first level professional higher education programmes:
Nursing (41 723), qualification “Nurse”
Treatment (41 721), qualification “Physician assistant”
Therapeutic Massage (41 722), qualification “Massage therapist”
Pharmaceuticals (41 725), qualification “Pharmacist assistant”
Treatment (41 721), qualification “Emergency medicine physician assistant”
The Red Cross Medical College of Rīga Stradiņš Universy provides the following vocational education programmes:Nursing (35a 723 00 1), qualification “Nursing Assistant” (for learners with completed secondary education)
Nursing (32a 723 00 1), qualification “Nursing Assistant” (for learners from 18 years old with completed primary education)
The Red Cross Medical College of Rīga Stradiņš Universy provides one vocational secondary education programme:Dentistry (35b 724001), qualification “Dental Assistant”
The goal of the Red Cross Medical College of RSU Continuing Education department is to create the opportunity, for everyone interested, to broaden one’s knowledge and skills, as well as to advance qualification in accordance with individual needs, interests and previous level of education.
- To plan and organize formal and informal continuing education courses
- To plan and monitor the continuing education of the College’s staff
- To evaluate the opportunities to participate in the project competitions launched by the EU and other contributors in the field of continuing education
- To provide information about the available opportunities for professional development
About the Red Cross Medical College of RSU
The Red Cross Medical College of RSU is an agency under the supervision of Rīga Stradiņš University. The College provides highly qualified medical education, in total ensuring 5 state-funded first-level higher professional education programmes – Nursing (Nurse), Treatment (Physician Assistant), Treatment (Emergency Medicine Physician Aassistant), Therapeutic Massage (Massage Therapist) and Pharmaceuticals (Pharmacist Assistant); 1 vocational secondary education programme – Dental Assistant (Dentistry) and 1 vocational education study programme – Nursing (Nursing Assistant).
The Red Cross Medical College of Rīga Stradiņš University building has the following improvements for persons with disabilities:
- wheelchair ramp;
- doorbell is set at the appropriate height for wheelchair access;
- tracked stairclimber;
- hearing loop in the College's conference hall;
- the first and final steps of the stairs are marked with warning stripes;
- doors are painted a contrasting color from the walls.